Computing Futures at SLAC
SLAC 15 Dec 1993
This page is under construction.
Following are documents on computing "futures" related to SLAC.
The first section treats files at SLAC; the second, sources of useful
As we move into the future, new files will appear here and old ones,
Files at SLAC
The name on the left is the file name at SLAC,
which is in the /usr/local/doc subdirectory indicated by the
section title, e.g., futures.
This page will change as we continue reorganizing
/usr/local/doc space. Some file names will change.
Reports from and presentations to
the SLAC Computer Advisory Committee (SCAC),
whose charter is to advise on SLAC's near and medium-term computing
- "Report of the SLAC Computer Advisory Committee" (December, 1993).
- "Plans for Running Down VM," Les Cottrell (October 11, 1993).
- "Minimum Support Levels for VMS," Charles Granieri (October, 1993).
- "SLAC Network Strategy," Les Cottrell (October 8, 1993).
- "Following Computer Trends," Les Cottrell (October, 1993).
- "Report of the SLAC Computer Advisory Committee" (August, 1993).
You may also find the following newsgroups with commentary on the
- "Stanford Linear Accelerator Center Site Longe-Range Plan:
Fiscal Years 1995 through 1999," Section 1 (February, 1993).
Contains information about last year's achievements as well as plans
for the future. Section 2 is only available in hardcopy. (Contact
- "Future Computing at SLAC," The Ad Hoc
Committee on Future Computing at SLAC (27 March 1992).
Information Sources Elsewhere
Here're some other sources of useful information.
The name on the left is a name the information is known by.
- Documents on the US government's National Information
Infrastructure, including a Library of Congress
on electronic information delivery (July 14, 1993).