URLs to Use SLAC Web Utilities in HTML Pages
Last Update: December 6, 1995
URLs to use SLAC WWW Utilities in HTML Pages
Many utilities have been developed or imported to ease the creation of
Web pages by SLAC authors. The following is a list of URLs
to access these utilities from an HTML page, together
with an example, a brief description of the purpose,
and the contact person.
The format of the following entries is:
The following are in general use and supported:
The following are in experimental use only (caveat emptor):
- URL=relative URL. To make it an absolute URL add http://www.slac.stanford.edu/ before
the first forward slash (/) after the equal sign. If there is no first forward
slash (see for example mailto:), then this is already the full reference.
- Items in italic script in the URL are to be replaced
with input for the script. In most cases examples of typical input
are provided in teletype text.
- Clicking on a URL, if provided, will provide an example of the use of the
- The Contact: is the person to contact for more information.
- If no URL is provided then the first hypertext link is to the documentation.
There is also URL=
that is a browser function that allows
the user to send mail to the mail-address
For more information on writing REXX and Perl CGI scripts at SLAC see
Guide to Writing CGI Scripts
in REXX. For similar information on Perl see the
CGI and HTML Tutorial
by Alan Richmond.
You may also be interested in looking at
by www-leland for information on the Stanford WWW server's features,
and some scripts they have written.