Experimental Facilities at SLAC
SLAC has the following major experimental facilities:
- The linac, a three-kilometer (or
two-mile) long linear accelerator, capable of producing electron and
positron beams with energies up to 50 GeV.
- End Station A (ESA) for fixed target experiments.
- SPEAR, a storage ring 80 meters in
diameter now used as the synchrotron radiation source for
- PEP, a 30 GeV colliding-beam storage ring, 800
meters in diameter, now being upgraded to PEP-II, which will serve as
a B meson
factory, colliding 9 GeV electrons with 3.1 GeV positrons.
- SLC, a 100 GeV electron-positron linear collider,
and SLD, the
- Final Focus Test Beam, a facility
for research on future accelerator design.
Mon Oct 21 11:21:01 PDT 1996