TEHRAN (FNA)- Hamas representative in Lebanon Osama Hamdan said parts of the Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip are not agreeable.
Hamdan, in an interview with al-Jazeera television said, "We reject parts of this proposal... but that does not mean rejection of the complete proposal," Egypt's MENA news agency quoted him as saying on Sunday.
Hamdan also said that there had been no progress 'on some of the sensitive points'.
The Hamas delegation, which included Imad Alami, a member of Hamas's political bureau, met with Egyptian intelligence chief Omar Suleiman in Cairo on Sunday. Suleiman explained to the Hamas delegation the ceasefire plan.
This is while an Egyptian official source on condition of anonymity claimed that talks between Egyptian mediators and Hamas representatives have borne "positive" results.
"There is a need for an immediate halt to bloodshed by Israeli troops in the besieged Palestinian territory," he told MENA.
Both sides have agreed that Israel's savage acts against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip should be stopped as soon as possible, the agency quoted the Egyptian official as saying.
The source said, "Opinions were united during the meeting on the importance of immediately stopping the shedding of Palestinian blood as soon as possible".
The talks are expected to resume on Monday.
Latest figures show 912 Palestinians and 33 Israelis have been killed since Israel's onslaught that began on December 27. 4,100 Palestinians and 80 Israeli have also been wounded.