Palestinians Sift through Rubble in Search of Bodies
TEHRAN (FNA)- Palestinians sift through rubble in search of bodies of their beloved ones in Gazan towns of Jabaliya and Beit Lahiya after Israel Pulled out its troops.
More than 100 bodies, some of them women and children have so far been recovered from the rubble in northern Gaza, Palestinian health officials said.
Israel and Hamas declared a fragile cease-fire on Sunday after a devastating, three-week Israeli onslaught.
Thousands of troops started coming out of Gaza on Saturday, as Israel declared its intention to unilaterally halt its fire. Hamas ceased its own fire 12 hours later.
Hamas warned that until next Sunday they would not accept the presence of a single Israeli soldier in Gaza.
"We have clearly said: if Israeli troops remain in Gaza, this will be a wide window for the resistance against the occupation," Osama Hamdan, Hamas representative in Lebanon, declared in an interview with al-Jazeera television on Sunday.
Since the Israeli onslaught started on December 27, at least a number of 1310 Palestinians have been killed and over 5500 others have been wounded.