FarsNewsAgency - خبرگزاري فارس
Turkish / Persian / Arabic / English 17  Rabi Al-Thani  1430 /  Monday 13 Apr 2009 / 24 Farvardin 1388 a
Tehran - 23:52 / GMT - 19:22

Mainpage


All Stories

Politics
Economy
Social
World
Culture
Foreign Policy
Nuclear
Sports
Science
Art
Defence
Photo


Search

Contact us

About us


News number: 8712220591

19:45 | 2009-03-12

Defence

Printable Version Send to a friend

IRGC Commander Dismisses Major Military Threats against Iran

TEHRAN (FNA)- Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Commander Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari Thursday dismissed possibility for major military operations against Iran as feckless, but meantime said that Tehran would never give up considering contingencies.



"All of us must know that massive and hard military threats, like what we had witnessed in Iraq and Afghanistan, are definitely inefficient against Iran," Jafari said, but meantime, reminded that Iran would never deem threats of enemy attacks as completely impossible.

Emphasizing the important role of popular support for the Islamic Republic in foiling enemy threat, the commander noted, "Crash operations and missile threats are not feasible while the Islamic system has firm support of the people."

The IRGC commander further reiterated that the enemies have now focused on soft threats like cultural, economic and political strikes against the Islamic Republic, and added, "These are harder than military threats and they need more attention."

Earlier in March, Jafari said that fighting enemies' soft threats is the most important task of the Basij (volunteer) forces.

"Today, the most important and main mission of Basij is confronting the soft threats and cultural invasion which are stealthily targeting (Iranian) youth," Jafari said.