"9 other people have been tested positive for the swine flu virus during the last 24 hours, 6 of whom were travelers returning from the Hajj pilgrimage, 2 others were returning from Malaysia and one more from Thailand," Mohammad Mehdi Gouya, an official at the Iranian Health Ministry told FNA.
Gouya reiterated that all the patients have or are being cured.
"23 of the 32 people diagnosed as swine flu patients thus far have been travelers returning from a Hajj pilgrimage," he added.
According to an earlier decision adopted by Iranian officials, all citizens over 65 and below 5 years of age, pregnant women, patients with heart and respiratory problems, diabetics and those suffering from immunity deficiencies are banned from travelling to Saudi Arabia for Hajj pilgrimage.
Earlier the Iranian Health Ministry had called on Iranians to avoid unnecessary trips to countries with reported cases of the H1N1, including the US, Mexico, Canada, the Philippines, Thailand and a number of European countries, including the UK and Germany.
The disease is reported in 84 countries of the world, including seven neighboring countries of Iran.
Swine flu is a contagious respiratory disease which is a mixture of bird, pig and human genes. The virus can spread to people who have contact with infected pigs. It spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes around someone else. People can become infected by touching something with the flu virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or eyes.
People can't get swine flu from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly cooked pork is safe. Cooking meat to an internal temperature of 160°F kills viruses and bacteria.
The drug for curing the disease is named Oseltamivir, an antiviral drug that is used in the treatment and prophylaxis of both Influenza virus A and Influenza virus B which is now being produced in Iran.
Symptoms of swine flu are similar to the common flu: fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue, and sometimes diarrhea and vomiting. Swine flu also can cause pneumonia, which can make it hard to breathe.