FarsNewsAgency - خبرگزاري فارس
Turkish / Persian / Arabic / English 23  Ramadan  1430 /  Sunday 13 Sep 2009 / 22 Shahrivar 1388 a
Tehran - 03:50 / GMT - 23:20

Mainpage


All Stories

Politics
Economy
Social
World
Culture
Foreign Policy
Nuclear
Sports
Science
Art
Defence
Photo


Search

Contact us

About us


News number: 8710221579

16:36 | 2009-01-11

World

Printable Version Send to a friend

Israel Continues Massacre of Civilian Palestinians

TEHRAN (FNA)- At least seven Palestinian civilians, four of whom were children, have been killed in an Israeli attack in the north of the Gaza Strip.



Gazan medics reported Sunday that Israeli tank shells have claimed the lives of two families in the northern Gazan town of Beit Lahia.

This comes shortly after authorities found 10 bodies in a house, which was reduced to rubble by intensified Israeli saturation bombing.

Israel broadened its incursion into Gaza on Saturday irrespective of UN Security Council Resolution 1860, which calls for an 'immediate' and 'durable' halt to Israel's Operation Cast Lead against the sliver of Palestinian land.

Tel Aviv attacked Gaza on December 27 and has so far killed at least 879 Palestinians and wounded over 3,695 others including women and children.

The United Nations said Thursday that at least one-third of the dead or injured in Gaza are children.

In response to Tel Aviv's full-scale invasion, the Palestinian Hamas has stepped up rocket attacks on Israeli cities of Kerem Shalom and Ashdood and is making preparations to target towns more to the south.

In another development, the al-Aqsa TV station, affiliated with Hamas says that a roadside bomb planted by Palestinian resistance forces destroyed an Israeli tank north of Gaza City on Sunday.