"The Islamic Republic's policy in confronting those who misuse the its wise and tolerant approach is to take its pervasive and effective measures strongly and powerfully and in proper time and the Armed Forces, specially the IRGC, do not have any problem to carry out this confrontation, " Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Mostafa Izadi told FNA.
Izadi underlined that the recent terrorist attacks in the southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan was aimed at stirring insecurity in the region, and reiterated, "The Islamic Republic's strategy is establishment of security by the help of local people in Sistan and Balouchestan."
He also stressed that the measures adopted by the Islamic Republic in the eastern parts of the country should not bother the local people, but meantime, underlined that those who oppose the Islamic Revolution will face a strong response.
The comments by Izadi came a week after a deadly bombing in the country's southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan in which 42 people were killed and several others were wounded.
Lieutenant Commander of the IRGC Ground Force Brigadier General Nourali Shoushtari, Sistan and Balouchestan province's IRGC Commander General Rajabali Mohammadzadeh, Iranshahr Corps commander, Sarbaz Corps commander and Amiralmoemenin Brigade commander were among the martyrs of the terrorist attack.
The Pakistan-based terrorist group Jundollah has claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.
On Monday, an IRGC top commander announced that the IRGC has initiated short and long-term plans to confront terrorist elements, specially those who carried out a deadly bomb attack in southeastern Iran last week.
"The IRGC has short and long term plans to deal with the terrorist elements in charge of the recent incident, but we cannot announce them due to security considerations," Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Force Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour told FNA.