FarsNewsAgency - خبرگزاري فارس
Turkish / Persian / Arabic / English 26  Shawwal  1433 /  Thursday 13 Sep 2012 / 23 Shahrivar 1391 a
Tehran - 06:59 / GMT - 02:29

Mainpage


All Stories

Politics
Economy
Social
World
Culture
Foreign Policy
Nuclear
Sports
Science
Art
Defence
Photo


Search

Contact us

About us


News number: 9106062992

16:15 | 2012-09-11

Foriegn Policy

Printable Version Send to a friend

Salehi: Tehran, Benghazi Resolved to Pursue Fate of Abducted Iranians

TEHRAN (FNA)- Libyan officials assured Tehran once more of pursuing the fate of the Iranian aid workers abducted last month in the country, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said.



Salehi said that after discussions with senior Libyan government's officials, it was decided that the Libyan authorities should do everything they can to locate and free the abducted Iranian nationals in Libya to return them home to Iran as soon as possible.

The Libyan Red Crescent said in a statement earlier this month that armed men kidnapped a seven-member delegation from the Iranian Red Crescent visiting Benghazi.

The Iranians were heading to the Tibesti hotel when an armed group intercepted them. They were loaded into a different car and whisked away to an unknown location, the statement added.

The driver of the vehicle, a local volunteer, was not taken. The delegation arrived in Libya early August at the invitation of the Libyan Red Crescent.