News - English
News numbre:  9107118150
2012-11-10 - 12:44



Iranian Deputy FM Dismisses Allegations about Hezbollah's Meddling in Bahrain

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian rejected the claims raised by certain Manama officials about Hezbollah's interference in Bahrain.

"Hezbollah which has brought the powers to their knees never meddles in Bahrain and if it had had the least interference (in Bahrain), the situation would have been different," Amir Abdollahian said on Saturday.

He rejected the claims raised by certain Bahraini officials on Hezbollah's involvement in recent bomb blasts in the country, and said, "The foreign military intervention (by Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf Arab states) in Bahrain has taken away the opportunity of thinking from certain sides in the Bahraini government."

On November 6, the Bahraini regime said it had arrested four people suspected of involvement in the November 5 bombings that also injured one person in the capital Manama. Bahrain accused Hezbollah of being behind the explosions.

Anti-government protesters have been holding peaceful demonstrations across Bahrain since mid-February 2011, calling for an end to the Al Khalifa dynasty's over-40-year rule, end of discrimination, establishment of justice and a democratically-elected government as well as freedom of detained protesters.

Violence against the defenseless people escalated after a Saudi-led conglomerate of police, security and military forces from the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council (PGCC) member states - Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar - were dispatched to the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom on March 13, 2011, to help Manama crack down on peaceful protestors.

So far, tens of people have been killed, hundreds have gone missing and thousands of others have been injured.