The Council of the School of Humanities and Sciences serves as a strategic advisory group for the leadership of H&S. The dean articulates the school’s goals and reports on progress at council meetings twice a year.
Established in 1982, the council provides a forum for the dean to discuss the school’s objectives with an informed group of outside supporters who contribute non-academic experiences and points of view. Members come from the business, civic, arts, philanthropic, and academic communities and bring special expertise and interest in areas of priority for the leadership of H&S. The dean relies on the council’s support for the school’s highest priorities.
The council consists of up to 25 members who serve three-year terms. Current members:
- Anne T. Bass, MLA ’07, President, Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Foundation
- Gregory Chabolla, ’81, Managing Principal, Milestone Holdings, LLC
- Priyanka Goel Chandrasekar, ’07, Partner, Goel Family Ventures and Chief Financial Officer, InsideVault Inc.
- Michelle R. Clayman, MBA ’79, Managing Partner and Chief Information Officer, New Amsterdam Partners LLC
- Ina Coleman, ’81, Gender Equity Consultant
- Roberta Denning, ’75, MBA ‘78, Chair, H&S Council and Stanford Arts Advisory Council
- John Diekman, PhD ’69, Founder and Managing Partner, 5AM Ventures
- Kevin Douglas, ’85, Investor, Douglas Telecommunications, Inc.
- Steve Dow, ’76, MBA ’81, General Partner, Sevin Rosen Funds
- Sakurako D. Fisher, ’82, Civic volunteer
- Grant Heidrich, ’74, Venture Advisor
- Annie Huntress Lamont, ’79, Managing Partner, Oak Investment Partners
- Frank Don Lee, PhD ’77, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Dragonfly Sciences, Inc.
- Lorry I. Lokey, ’49, Founder, former President and Chief Executive Officer, Business Wire
- Peter Morris , ’78, MBA ’84, Venture Capitalist
- Wendy Munger, ‘72, Civic volunteer
- Susan Oberndorf, ’78, President, Oberndorf Foundation
- Katheryn (Kitty) Patterson, ‘74, Civic volunteer
- Ruth M. Porat, ’79, Chief Financial Officer, Google
- John Powers, MBA ’83, President and CEO of Stanford Management Company
- Srinija Srinivasan, ’93, Co-Founder, Loove Music
- Vic Trione, ’69, Co-Founder and Chairman, Luther Burbank Savings
- Kevin Wells, BS ’84, MS ’85, MBA ’90, Executive Director, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Steven J. Wisch, ‘83, Managing Partner of El Dorado Partners, LLC