New faculty members of the professoriate at Stanford typically attend several required orientations in their transition to Stanford:
1. Benefits orientation through University Human Resources (UHR) within 30 days of the appointment start date.
2. University New Faculty Orientation (NFO). The 2014 Fall Orientation will be held on September 9, 2015, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with reception following. New assistant, associate and full professors RVSP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Meetings in their departments with relevant staff to get oriented to department and school-specific processes.
4. For those who will be Principal Investigators at Stanford, a meeting with the staff in the Office of the Dean of Research is important to cover major policy and compliance matters related to sponsored-research.
Please see the New Faculty Checklist section on this page for more details and necessary "to-do" items at various stages of your transition to Stanford.
Downloadable Resource Documents (PDF)
- List of Campus Offices that Support You (and their contact information)
- Responding to Emergencies, Crisis Support and Campus Safety - Resources
- Policy Update: Stanford Policy on Consensual Relationships. Summary | Full Policy
- Programs and Benefits for Faculty with Family Responsibilities