|HOURS:||4-8 hours weekly, some flexibility|
|DURATION:||2014-2015 Academic Year to Full Year; Ongoing|
|PAY:||Up to $16.50/hr|
Create:keepers are responsible for providing friendly and knowledgeable assistance and training in create:space in Lathrop Library. They are quick learners who exhibit a great interest in helping people learn on a variety of software and hardware. Create:keepers are well-aware of the importance of excellent customer service and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and services that create:space and Academic Computing at large has to offer.
- Work 4 to 8 hours a week either in create:space or behind the scenes with ACS staff.
- Provide excellent customer service and maker space support to Stanford students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Learn new computer and multimedia skills on the job and through training modules.
- Provide knowledgeable help 3D printers, scanners, cutting machines, Arduinos and other create:space equpiment.
- Monitoring 3D scheduling queue; printing ‘turnkey’ 3D projects.
- troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining equipment and supplies
- developing and conducting workshops on use of equipment/software; creating end-user documentation.
- gathering data on projects being created and other uses of the equipment and facilities
- assisting full-time staff with adapting services and tools in response to user needs
- publishing information on our website
- contributing ideas for our social media channels (facebook, twitter, pinterest)
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Loves working with and helping people even if they are strangers.
- Enjoys troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Extremely responsive to email and phone calls.
- A cell phone where you can be reached during work hours.
- Experienced in customer service (formal or informal); a mature and responsible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new things and to work on short-term projects as assigned.
- Able to commit to an 8-hour weekly work schedule.
- Should feel comfortable talking to groups of people in public.
- User-level familiarity with Mac OS X and Windows computers, OS navigation and file management.
- Ideal candidate has experience with:
- 3D printers, scanners
- 3D modeling
- CNC and other cutting machines
- Basic programming skills
Saturday, Feb 28, 2015, Midnight
Erin Scott, Multmedia Services Manager
Beth McCullough, Learning Spaces Strategist
Qualified applicants will be notified during the week of March 2-6 of interview requests.