Admission decisions are made by the SIGM admission committee based on the information you provide in your online application. You can apply to SIGM in one of three rounds.
As part of the online application, you will be asked to provide:
- Contact and background information
- Answers to two essay questions (a maximum of 500 words each)
- Contact information for two individuals who will provide recommendations on your behalf
- Your current resume (file upload)
- Unofficial transcripts (file upload)
- TOEFL score if required (see requirements for international students)
You will be able to send your requests for the letters of recommendation through the online application. If you are a student, at least one recommendation must come from a professor or academic advisor. If you are a working professional, at least one recommendation must come from a current or former supervisor.
The SIGM admissions committee may request official transcripts for review.
We evaluate applicants based on:
- Academic performance
- Accomplishments in extracurricular activities (e.g., athletics, volunteer activities, and contributions to student or community organizations)
- Work or internship experience
- Leadership experience
- Quality and thoughtfulness of essay responses
You will be notified of your admission status via email approximately four weeks after the deadline for the round in which you applied.
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applications submitted, we are unable to provide feedback to denied applicants. All admission decisions are final.
Applications are not be reviewed until all required information has been submitted. You may only submit one application per admission year.
The SIGM admissions committee reserves the right to verify that the information and documents submitted, as part of your application are complete and accurate.