POLICY CHANGES, DELETIONS, ADDITIONS
September 4, 2015 Update
Section 1.c., Cost Transfer Policies has been modified to add a requirement for documentation: The allocation methodology used if transferring expenses to multiple PTAs.
- Section 2.b., Assistantship Eligibility Criteria:
Added “childbirth accommodation” to list of exceptions to the enrollment requirement.
- Section 5: Percentage and Period of Assistantship Appointments:
- Changed percentage of one type of permitted assistantship from 55-90% to 60-90%
- Added subsection: 5.e., Shortened Summer Assistantships—NEW!
- Various housekeeping updates, including updating of the link to TAL tables.
September 1, 2015 Update
- Changed title by omitting “on campus” from end of title
Section 1. Definitions and Distinctions – NEW section
Newly added section contains 6 subsections: Student Hourly Employment, Stipend; Student Residence Roles; Contingent (Casual or Temporary) Employment; Federal Work-Study (FWS); Off-Campus Internships and Off-Campus Employment.
Section 2: Listing Student Jobs
-2.a. Job Listing Services: Added the Handshake system and its URL.
-2.b.: Hours Worked Per Week: Added “During break periods between quarters undergraduates may be employed full time. Thanksgiving recess is not a break between quarters.
-Added new subsections: International Students on F-1 or J-1 visas, and Students on Financial Aid
Section 3. Schedule of Job Categories:
-Added phrase that the schedule is designed to promote consistency in student pay.
-Changed term “salaries” to “wages”
-Added URL to suggested wage scale, which is updated annually
Section 4: Hiring, Paying and Supervising Students
a. Hiring: Added new information on the process of hiring students into the appropriate Job Classification Code.
b. Payment: Deleted mention of FWS Authorization Form and added Axess and pay period information.
e. Sick Time: NEW subsection on procedures for sick time benefits for hourly student employees.
August 31, 2015 Update
- Deleted box (position) for Senior Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Residential Affairs
- Corrected name of Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning
August 14, 2015 Update
- Name change from “Political Activities” to “Political, Campaign and Lobbying Activities”
- Added a sentence at end of second paragraph confirming political communications not made in accordance with these provisions are not authorized and may not be attributed to the University.
- Section 1.a.: Added “or opposing” to the third sentence related to candidates.
- Section 1.b.: Added the Vice President for Land, Buildings and Real Estate to the list.
- Section 2.b.: Deleted “Partisan” from the title and modified the first sentence to include partisan and non-partisan elections.
- Section 2.b.1., 2.b.4, 2.b.5 and 3.a.: Minor wording changes
- Section 4: Research Involving Political Campaigns—NEW!:
Added a new section that addresses the requirement for any research being conducted that involves political campaigns to check with the General Counsel’s Office on any legal restrictions, and to submit their research proposal to Stanford’s Institutional Review Board.