|POSITION:||Technical Support Specialist|
|HOURS:||8- to 12-hour weekly schedule Monday-Friday. No evening or weekend hours.|
|DURATION:||2012-2013 Academic Year|
|PAY:||Technical Support Specialists are paid $13.00/hour and up (depending on experience).|
The Technical Support Specialists ("Techs") are responsible for regular computer maintenance, new hardware installation, and operational support for Stanford University Libraries (SUL) staff and the public computing spaces operated by Academic Computing Services. This includes SUL staff offices and public computing spaces located in Meyer, Green, and the branch Libraries; Tresidder Union; the student Community Centers; and the student residences.
- Install, deinstall, and relocate computer equipment, peripherals, and furnishings as assigned.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and cleaning as assigned.
- Support ongoing maintenance and redesign of public computing spaces.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems with high degree of proficiency.
- Assist with computer and other technical support in the Stanford University Libraries as needed, in cooperation with SUL staff.
- Respond to trouble tickets generated by first-tier support staff within 24 hours; report unusually difficult problems promptly to appropriate central staff.
- Support routine Mac and PC hard disk imaging.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory records, and perform related tasks such as data-entry, equipment retrieval, tagging, and scrapping/recycling.
- Work with vendors on warranty and repair issues; remove computers with hardware problems to on campus repair locations.
- Maintain paper and online documentation of all repair work.
- Maintain good communication with local or first-tier support including RCCs, Meyer desk consultants, and Library Expert Partners.
- Maintain clean and well-organized storage and workspaces.
- Participate in staff training and attend regular meetings with staff.
- Work on other short-term projects as assigned.
- Able to work a regular schedule of at least 8 hours per week Monday-Friday.
- Attentive to an extremely high level of responsibility and customer service.
- Able to work independently and take initiative in providing assistance.
- Able to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Possess a high familiarity with computers, including experience using basic Internet applications, troubleshooting network connectivity problems, and installing network and printing hardware on Mac OS X and Windows XP.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Have a valid drivers license and are able to drive.
- Willing to carry a cell phone.
- A commitment to staying with the position for a minimum of one academic year.
- Possess good verbal and written communications skills.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. To apply, please email your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Meyer Library, Room 240