The Stanford Advanced Project Management professional certificate program provides participants the advanced skills needed to execute business strategies effectively. Your experience, grounded in Stanford theory and research, is combined with practical instruction on the processes, organizational structures, and tools to ensure your project, program, and portfolio work yields the desired results.
At a Glance
Earn the Certificate
Complete 3 required courses and 3 electives
- Required Courses
- Elective Courses
- Adaptive Execution of Strategy
- Designing the Organization for Execution
- Financial Mastery for Projects
- Leading Change from the Middle
- Leading Effective Teams
- Leveraging the Customer Relationship
- Managing Without Authority
- Mastering the Project Portfolio
- Project Innovation through Design Thinking
- Project Risk Management
- The Strategic PMO: Projects to Enterprise
- Additional Courses
This certificate grants you the professional credential of Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM), which may be used on business cards and resumes. Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) for each course taken to maintain your certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®).
Time to Complete
On average, students complete the certificate within 1-2 years. Each course is approximately 20 hours.
- 3 years experience managing projects or programs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- An approved Stanford Advanced Project Management Application (sample)
- Most Stanford Advanced Project Management courses are available online via streaming video, making the curriculum accessible on-demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each course is accessible for 90 days and includes digital color PDFs of presentations and handouts when available. A multiple-choice examination and an evaluation form must be completed at the conclusion of each online course.
- At Stanford
- Courses are held on the beautiful Stanford University campus near Palo Alto, California. Each course at Stanford is 2-1/2 days in length and provides participants the opportunity to interact with Stanford faculty and IPS Learning instructors, and to network with a diverse group of professionals from organizations around the world.
Please contact us at 650-578-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org