The Stanford Advanced Project Management professional certificate program provides participants with advanced tools, real-life processes, and leadership skills to successfully execute strategies through projects, programs and portfolios.
At a Glance
Earn the Certificate
Each participant needs to complete 3 required and 3 elective courses from the Stanford Advanced Project Management curriculum.
- Required Courses
- Elective Courses
- Adaptive Execution of Strategy
- Designing the Organization for Execution
- Financial Mastery for Projects
- Leading Change from the Middle
- Leading Effective Teams
- Leveraging the Customer Relationship
- Managing Without Authority
- Mastering the Project Portfolio
- Project Innovation through Design Thinking
- Project Risk Management
- The Strategic PMO: Projects to Enterprise
- At Work
- Select Stanford Advanced Project Management courses are available for delivery at a company site. Taught by IPS Learning professionals with years of leadership experience in high-demand project and program environments, on-site programs: 1) Bring the program content directly into the workplace; 2) Enable employees to learn together, while earning credit towards the Stanford Advanced Project Management credential; 3) Allow for customized content delivery to reflect an organization's business strategies and processes; 4) Save on tuition, travel costs, and time away from the office.
- Enhanced Online
- Most Stanford Advanced Project Management courses are available online via streaming video, making the curriculum accessible on-demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each course, containing approximately 20 hours of lectures, is accessible for 90 days and includes digital color PDFs of presentations and handouts when available. A multiple-choice examination and an evaluation form must be completed at the conclusion of each online course.
- In addition to the asynchronous online features, the enhanced online delivery includes three strategically scheduled live webinars to allow for geographically dispersed teams to interact with one another and with instructors. This modality maintains the flexibility of asynchronous viewing of online courses while still allowing for instructor interaction at a reduced cost.
- Live Virtual
- Geographically dispersed teams can enjoy many of the benefits of in-person lectures and activities delivered at the work site including synchronous, real-time interaction among the instructor and participants. Courses are typically taught by one instructor, delivered in 3-5 hour time blocks, and include interactive virtual breakouts.
- At Stanford
- Courses are held on the beautiful Stanford University campus near Palo Alto, California. Each course at Stanford is 2-1/2 days in length and provides participants the opportunity to interact with Stanford faculty and IPS Learning instructors, and to network with a diverse group of professionals from organizations around the world.
Your Organization Gains Managers with
- Enhanced leadership skills
- An understanding of the critical relationship between strategy and execution
- The knowledge to serve as role models and mentors for newer team members
- Tools to ensure project, program, and portfolio alignment to achieve organizational goals
- The professional credential of Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM)
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) for each course taken to maintain Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification
- 3 years of project management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Record of Completion
Participants receive a record of completion (certified PDF) via email upon completion of each course. The PDF is proof of course completion for reimbursement and can be requested at any time, on an as-needed basis.
Please contact us at 650-226-8460 or email@example.com