This course is intended to help you better protect and enhance shareholder value through value-focused enterprise risk management (ERM). You will learn to identify excessive risk exposure, develop ways to manage enterprise risk, and delineate clear roles for the board, senior executives, chief risk officers, line executives, and risk management staff.
Value-focused ERM creates a direct line of sight from shareholder value to risk management through an understanding of potential risk factors, decision analytic methods, and best practices.
Combining lectures, case studies, and discussions.
previously titled Enterprise Risk Management
You Will Learn
- The greatest sources of value destruction over the last decade
- The importance of adopting the value protection mind-set in enterprise risk management
- How the value protection mind-set differs from a compliance mindset
- The most appropriate methods for value protection by type of risk
- Quantifying a company's appetite for taking risks
- Risk management tools and how they are used.
It is recommended that you take the two required courses Decision Quality (XSDR120) and Decision Analysis (XSDR122) first as part of the Stanford SDRM certificate program. If you plan to take these required courses online, we suggest you begin with Decision Quality.
- $3025 per at Stanford course
- $1295 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee