*** New Dates For Art Library Closure ***
On Friday, July 24th at 5pm, the Art & Architecture Library will temporarily close as it begins the relocation process to its new home in the heart of the McMurtry Art & Art History Building. The Art & Architecture Library will reopen on Thursday, September 10th. We apologize for any inconvenience this closure may cause.
- The collection will not be accessible from Saturday, July 25th to Wednesday, September 9th.
- Materials may not be viewed onsite, checked out, or paged to another campus library as they will either be in transit between locations or in the process of being reshelved.
- Any Art materials needed over the summer should be checked out by July 24th.
- Please submit an Interlibrary Borrowing request to obtain material not available from the Art & Architecture Library due to the closure.
- RLCP elgible patrons should continue to borrow UC Berkeley Doe and Moffitt materials via RLCP (step 2 on the ILB site).
- Please do not request UC Berkeley Art History/Classics Library materials via RLCP, as those collections do not circulate. Please submit requests for such titles via Interlibrary Borrowing (step 3 on the ILB site).
- If the title is not at UC Berkeley, please use Interlibrary Borrowing (step 3 on the ILB site).
- As is always the case, Art & Architecture Library materials may be returned at any Stanford library.
The new Art & Architecture Library will comprise the second floor of the new McMurtry Building, appearing as a floating glass box suspended within the embrace of the Building’s art practice and art study strands. Included in the new Library facility are a variety of study and seating options, graduate study carrels, media viewing rooms, an exhibition area and much more. The entire current collection of the Library, numbering approximately 165,000 volumes and DVDs, will move to the new facility. This figure includes the Library’s Art Locked Stacks collection, numbering approximately 9,000 unique and special items, which will be housed in a climate controlled collection area within the Library’s collections area.
For updates during the moving process, please visit the Art & Architecture Library website: https://library.stanford.edu/art
To contact the Art & Architecture Library staff, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org