iPhone / iPad
Configuring iPhone and iPad for off-campus access
- Tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi (Proxy settings can only be enabled though a wi-fi network at this time).
- Tap the blue arrow next to the specific Network you would like to configure for proxy access.
- Scroll to the bottom of the configuration screen and tap the Auto button under HTTP Proxy.
- In the URL field, enter the following value:
- Press the Home button and tap the Safari icon to begin browsing.
How to reset your configuration
You may want to reset your configuration if you leave Stanford or if you primarily access e-resources while you are on campus. Using the proxy configuration while on campus may cause extra SUNet ID and password requsts. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to Wi-Fi settings for the Stanford network as described above;
- Tap Off under HTTP Proxy
- Close all settings windows.