Table of Contents
New Chem & ChemEng Faculty Publications
Updated weekly, below are new articles by faculty in Stanford's Chemistry Department and Chemical Engineering Department from the Web of Science (WoS) database. Only users with a current SUNet ID can view full WoS records.
Futurity: news from leading research universities
- Prosthesis users make best prosthesis teachers
- Trust in the media may hinge on your hometown
- Some cultures say memory improves with age
- Did Bronze Age Brits mummify their dead?
- Why conversation gets tough at a crowded party
- Rerouted nerves let paralyzed people use hands
- Being healthy or not might depend on your dad
- Does fracking boost risk of preterm birth?
- Quit smoking: This drug works faster for women
- Housing boom was a bust for African Americans
To find print and online books available at Stanford, use SearchWorks, the library catalog. To do a full-text search of ebooks and view chapters, select eBooks on xSearch. Subject categories in xSearch also include ebooks.
New chemical engineering books at Stanford
In the Library of Congress Classification Outline TP is Chemical Engineering.
Selected Library of Congress Subject Headings are grouped into four broad categories below.
When you click on a link, a saved search is run in SearchWorks showing you items the library has acquired to date that was given that subject heading.
General Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Engineering Village, PubMed, and SciFinder are indepth subject databases for engineering, medicine, and chemistry.
- Scopus and the Web of Science are broad multidisciplinary databases.
- xSearch searches multiple resources at one time and includes full-text sources such as ebooks, ejournals, and reference titles, as well as databases.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international patent databases with links to full-text.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international in scope and include links to the full-text.
- Both databases are included as resources in the Science and Engineering section of xSearch (see Advanced Search page).
- Patents are also included in SciFinder and are searchable by structure or chemical reaction.
- Because companies want to own the intellectual property from their research results, they publish in patents rather than in journals.
- In Situ ETEM Study of Composition Redistribution in Pt-Ni Octahedral Catalysts for Electrochemical Reduction of Oxygen
- A computational framework and solution algorithms for two-stage adaptive robust scheduling of batch manufacturing processes under uncertainty
- Analysis of non-Brownian particle deposition from turbulent liquid-flow
- Membrane assisted cooling crystallization: process model, nucleation, metastable zone and crystal size distribution
- Stereo imaging of crystal growth
- Toward transformational carbon capture systems
- Prediction of gas–liquid interfacial area in valve trays
- Kinetic modeling strategy for an exothermic multiphase reactor system: Application to vegetable oils epoxidation using Prileschajew method
- Development of a hybrid shrinking-core shrinking-particle model for entrained-flow gasifiers
- Length to diameter ratio of extrudates in catalyst technology I. Modeling catalyst breakage by impulsive forces
- Thermoelectric Properties of Solution Synthesized Nanostructured Materials
- Computational Modeling of Multiphase Reactors
- Defects in the Self-Assembly of Block Copolymers and Their Relevance for Directed Self-Assembly
- Synthetic Biology for Specialty Chemicals
- Biocatalysis: A Status Report
- Smart Manufacturing
- Clean Water for Developing Countries
- Chemical Looping Technology: Oxygen Carrier Characteristics
- Design Criteria for Future Fuels and Related Power Systems Addressing the Impacts of Non-CO2 Pollutants on Human Health and Climate Change
- Who Should Read This Journal?
- Networks and the Challenge of Sustainable Development
- Implications of Arctic Sea Ice Decline for the Earth System
- Tropical Forests in the Anthropocene
- The Environmental Costs and Benefits of Fracking
- Dynamics and Resilience of Rangelands and Pastoral Peoples Around the Globe
- Energy for Transport
- Consumer End-Use Energy Efficiency and Rebound Effects
- The Psychology of Environmental Decisions
- Size-dependent interaction of cells and hemoglobin–albumin based oxygen carriers prepared using the SPG membrane emulsification technique
- Accelerating sample preparation through enzyme-assisted microfiltration of Salmonella in chicken extract
- Insights into laccase producing organisms, fermentation states, purification strategies, and biotechnological applications
- Fingerprint detection and process prediction by multivariate analysis of fed-batch monoclonal antibody cell culture data
- Adsorption performance of creatinine on dialdehyde nanofibrillated cellulose derived from potato residues
- Building A Better Magnesium Battery
- Cyanobacteria May Feed Populations Of Oil-Degrading Microbes In The Ocean
- Exploring The Molecular Basis Of “Runner’s High”
- Industries’ Views Mixed On Pacific Rim Trade Pact
- New EPA Limit On Ground-Level Ozone Draws Mixed Response
- DuPont’s CEO Kullman To Retire
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar Win 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry For DNA Repair
- Firms Get Funding From Breakout Labs
- Arthur B. McDonald and Takaaki Kajita Win 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics
- Exploring The Molecular Basis Of “Runner’s High”
- Nephelium lappaceum oil: A low-cost alternative feedstock for sustainable biodiesel production using magnetic solid acids
- Saccharification of cellulosic biomass using sulfonated mesoporous carbon-based catalysts
- Development Trends of Natural Gas Resources and Gas-Fired Power Generations in China
- Anaerobic co-digestion of cow manure and barley: Effect of cow manure to barley ratio on methane production and digestion stability
- Effects of different henna plant parts on enhanced removal of an azo dye Orange II: Biotic and abiotic contributions
- Human factors considerations: Midstream process safety integration
- Discharge of CO2 from large-diameter orifices: Experimental data and data review
- Process design and engineering: A missing process safety element
- Chemical interaction matrices
- CSB investigation of Chevron Richmond refinery pipe rupture and fire
Includes encyclopedias and major reference works.
Site-licensed by Swain Library
Swain Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
Some software licensed by Swain Library is also accessible using a web browser and Citrix plugin via CDSERVER. For more information, please see instructions for off-campus access to resources.