You are here:
Federal Interagency Committee on Indoor Air Quality
The Federal Interagency Committee on Indoor Air Quality (CIAQ) was established by Congress in 1983. The mission of the CIAQ is to coordinate federal indoor air quality research while facilitating the exchange of information among:
- federal agencies
- state governments
- local governments
- the research community
- the private sector
- the general public
The CIAQ also supports EPA’s IAQ research program required by Section 403 of the 1986 Superfund Amendments and Re-authorization Act (SARA).
The CIAQ is co-chaired by:
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The Department of Energy
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Other federal departments and agencies participate as members
Directions to the CIAQ Meeting
The CIAQ meeting is held in Room 1209 of EPA-West at 1301 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004. You must pass a security screening to enter the building. If using Metro-Rail, exit the system at the Federal Triangle Station, served by Silver, Orange and Blue line trains. EPA-West is part of the William Jefferson Clinton-Ronald Reagan International Trade Center, Federal Triangle Complex.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission, CPSC
- Department of Energy, DOE
- Environmental Protection Agency, EPA
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, NIOSH, Department of Health and Human Services, HHS
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration, OSHA, Department of Labor, DOL
- Access Board (AB)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Office of Architect of the Capitol
- U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Exit
- Industrial Hygiene Directorate/U.S. Navy
- US Army Public Health Command, Army Institute of Public Health Exit
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Office of Building Technology, State and Community Programs, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Indoor Environment Management Branch (IEMB) of the National Risk Management Research Laboratory (NRMRL)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- FOH IAQ/Environmental Health Services, contact: George Bearer, (301) 594-0247, George.email@example.com
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control (OHHLHC)
- Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing, PATH
- U.S. Department of Interior (DOI)
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Occupational Health Program
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Building and Fire Research Laboratory, BFRL, Building Environment Division, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Group
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- U.S. Department of State (DOS)
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
- Residential Energy Systems
- Residential Energy Systems: Ventilation
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Office of Construction & Facilities Management
Meeting Materials from the Committee on Indoor Air Quality Meetings
Meeting Minutes, agendas, some meeting materials and a Quick View of Past CIAQ Presentations:
Past Meeting Minutes
- February 4, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- February 4, 2015 Meeting Agenda
- October 8, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- October 8, 2014 Presentation
- June 4th, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- February 5, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- June 5, 2013 Meeting Minutes
If you want to view the detail for any presentation, the meeting minutes and any attachments provided at the meetings, or if you want to contact the presenter, contact us at CIAQ@epa.gov.
Quick View of Past CIAQ Presentations
EPA has prepared two listings of presentations given at CIAQ meetings.
- The first listing is by topic and title last updated November 6, 2014.
- The second listing is by topic with a brief summary of each presentation, including presenter contact information, last updated on November 6, 2014.
If you need more detail or have questions about any presentation given at the CIAQ, contact CIAQ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send an e-mail to CIAQ (email@example.com) or write to:
Philip Jalbert, Executive Secretary,
Federal Interagency Committee on Indoor Air Quality (CIAQ)
U.S. EPA, Indoor Environments Division (6609T), 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20460
Join the CIAQ Listserv
Get meeting notices, minutes and other CIAQ news.
- To subscribe, send an e-mail with a blank subject line to CIAQ-Subscribe (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive a welcome message with details about managing your subscription.
- You can unsubscribe to the listserv at any time by sending an e-mail with a blank subject line to CIAQ-Unsubscribe (email@example.com).