Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution (NAICS 2211)
Electric power generation, transmission and distribution are part of the utilities sector (NAICS 22). This sector includes all electric generating facilities powered by fossil fuels, including coal, petroleum, or gas as the power source.
Additional regulatory information about this sector may be available from the US Department of Energy.
Laws and Regulations
- Cleaner Power Plants: controlling mercury and other hazardous air pollutants from power plants.
- Interstate Air Pollution Transport
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS): Regulatory Actions
- Cooling Water Intake Structures: CWA §316(b): Final rules, court proceedings, and other documents related to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) rules for cooling water intake structures.
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Industrial Materials Recycling: Coal Combustion Products
- National Enforcement Initiatives: