Compliance Assistance Tools for Demolition
- The Construction Industry Compliance Assistance Center Exit provides free, plain language explanations of the construction industry’s environmental responsibilities under federal and state laws. Information on the site is searchable by state and project type.
- Managing your Environmental Responsibilities: A Planning Guide for Construction and Development (PDF) (255 pp, 2.3 MB, About PDF) (EPA-305-B-04-003, EPA Office of Compliance, April 2005) helps entities fulfill their environmental obligations during construction and development projects, but the discussion is also relevant to demolition projects.
RCRA in Focus: Construction, Demolition and Renovation (EPA-530-K-04-005) (2004) is a publication that addresses proper management of items containing:
mercury (page 7)
lead-based paint (page 8)
asbestos (page 9)
- State asbestos (National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants) NESHAP contacts
- U.S. EPA asbestos NESHAP contacts
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network (LGEAN) Exit
- State Resource Locators Exit