The items below should be completed as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to your graduate program:
As Soon As Possible
- Respond to the offer of admission online. If receiving department financial aid, the deadline to respond to the offer of admission is April 15.
- Upload a photo for your Stanford ID Card by logging in through the Upload link.
- Maintain/update mailing address in your student Axess account.
- Submit entrance medical requirements; Final deadline July 31.
- University Housing: May 7 is the deadline to apply for University housing for the first assignment lottery. July 12 is the deadline to apply for the Housing Autumn quarter Waiting List.
- EFS (English for Foreign Students) summer English program: May 20 application deadline. Takes place July 2 - August 14. Overseas applicants are strongly urged to apply before May 1. Visit the EFS website for additional information.
- International Students: Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. registered permanent residents must submit I-20 or DS-2019 requests online as soon as possible in order to avoid visa delays. If transferring your SEVIS record from a U.S. institution, then the Transfer In form is necessary as well.
Important dates for students enrolling in Autumn Quarter 2015-16
- Axess opens for Autumn quarter enrollment. (New international students will not be able to enroll until after arriving on campus.) Sign the Patent and Copyright Agreement on Axess prior to enrollment.
- Last day for international students to waive Cardinal Care health coverage for Autumn Quarter.
- Graduate Student Information Center open at the Graduate Community Center.
- Graduate students may move into University housing assignments. Graduate housing officially opens for Autumn Quarter; check in 1–5 p.m. (Alternative dates you may choose on your application are listed on the Graduate Housing Calendar.)
- Last day for domestic students to waive Cardinal Care health coverage for Autumn Quarter.
- Orientation program for international students organized by Bechtel International Center
- Stanford English Placement Exam for international students who have the item listed on their To Do list in their Axess account.
- First day of classes; enroll through Axess Last day to clear any additional admission requirements (see your “To Do” list in Axess) as specified by Graduate Admissions, Office of the University Registrar.
Stanford uses electronic billing and payment services. Charges for tuition, room, and board are billed prior to the beginning of each academic quarter, and are due as indicated on the bill, generally on the 15th of the following month. All other charges are billed monthly as they are incurred. Information about these services and University payment deadlines is available at the Student Financial Activities site.
See the academic calendar for all academic deadlines. All dates are subject to change at the discretion of the university.