Statement of Policies

Registration and Withdrawal


Federal student aid funds for graduate students are available only to students who are enrolled in a degree program. Post-doctoral students are not eligible for federal student aid funds.

You must register for and complete at least six units each quarter in order to maintain eligibility for your financial aid funds. If you do not meet the minimum enrollment requirement, you will be required to immediately repay the entire amount of federal student aid funds received, even if you have already spent these funds.


If circumstances require you to withdraw from enrollment during an academic quarter, you must file an official withdrawal request with the university’s Registrar’s Office. The Financial Aid Office will determine the portion (if any) of your federal student aid funds for the quarter that you are eligible to keep. This determination is made using a standard calculation specified is the U.S. Department of Education’s regulations. If we determine that you must repay all or a portion of your aid funds, such funds will be immediately due and payable, and you will not be able to obtain future federal student aid funds until your ineligible funds have been repaid. The University’s refund policy is described in the University Bulletin.

Updated on August 7, 2014 12:55 PM