Commencement is Sunday, June 12! Before the big weekend, there are a few items to take care of. Note: Caps and gowns are required in order to process into the stadium and take part in the main Commencement ceremony. You must also bring your student ID: A current Stanford ID is required as a condition of entry into the stadium ceremonies.
Things to DO
Review Degree Requirements
- Monitor progress on the Undergraduate Graduation Checklist.
- Find answers to common degree questions via the Registrar's Office FAQs.
- Apply to Graduate: Deadline, APRIL 8, 2016. More info »
- Important Graduation Dates prior to Commencement.
If your degree is not being conferred in June 2016 – To be considered for active participation in the Commencement ceremonies, you must complete a Commencement Walkthrough Petition. More info »
Only eligible candidates who filed an application to graduate in the current academic year with the University Registrar can participate in the procession or in the graduate seating area on the field. The academic year consists of Summer (prior year), Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. Candidates must also be attired in the appropriate cap, gown, and hood to participate. No one else is allowed in the procession or in the graduate seating area on the field.
- Order Your Cap, Gown & Graduation Announcements. More info »
- Plan your weekend and RSVP: Deadline, JUNE 2, 2016. More info »
The Stanford Alumni Association is providing a fun, easy way for graduating students to celebrate Commencement by sharing photos. Upload photos of your favorite Stanford memories now and share your best shots from all the Commencement Weekend activities.