The Council of the School of Humanities and Sciences serves as a strategic advisory group for the leadership of H&S. The dean articulates the school’s goals and reports on progress at council meetings twice a year.
Established in 1982, the council provides a forum for the dean to discuss the school’s objectives with an informed group of outside supporters who contribute non-academic experiences and points of view. Members come from the business, civic, arts, philanthropic, and academic communities and bring special expertise and interest in areas of priority for the leadership of H&S. The dean relies on the council’s support for the school’s highest priorities.
The council consists of up to 25 members who serve three-year terms. Current members:
- Anne T. Bass, MLA ’07, President, Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Foundation
- Gregory Chabolla, ’81, Co-Founder and Managing Principal, Milestone Holdings, LLC
- Priyanka Goel Chandrasekar, ’07, Partner, Goel Family Ventures and Chief Financial Officer, QuanticMind
- Ina Coleman, ’81, Gender Equity Consultant, Managing Director, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Roberta Denning, ’75, MBA ‘78, Chair, H&S Council and Stanford Arts Advisory Council
- Kevin G. Douglas, ’85, Founder and Chairman, Douglas Telecommunications, Inc.
- Steve Dow, ’76, MBA ’81, General Partner, Sevin Rosen Funds
- Natalie Fair, ‘00, MBA ‘06, CFO, Pinterest
- Sakurako D. Fisher, ’82, Civic Volunteer
- Susan Ford Dorsey, President, Sand Hill Foundation
- Grant Heidrich, ’74, Venture Advisor, The Column Group, LLC
- John Kleinheinz, ’84, Founder and President, Kleinheinz Capital Partners, Inc.
- Frank Don Lee, PhD ’77, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Dragonfly Sciences, Inc.
- Lorry I. Lokey, ’49, Founder, former President and Chief Executive Officer, Business Wire
- Peter Morris , ’78, MBA ’84, Venture Capitalist, Founder and Managing Partner, Morris Investments
- Susan Oberndorf, ’78, President, Oberndorf Foundation
- Katheryn (Kitty) Patterson, ‘74, Civic volunteer
- Ruth M. Porat, ’79, Chief Financial Officer, Alphabet Inc.
- John F. Powers, MBA ’83, Managing Director, Credit Suisse
- Srinija Srinivasan, ’93, Co-Founder, Loove Music
- Kevin C. Wells, BS ’84, MS ’85, MBA ’90, Executive Director, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Steven J. Wisch, ‘83, Managing Partner of El Dorado Partners, LLC