The Bechtel International Center serves the Stanford Community and makes its facilities available to Stanford organizations and affiliates. Events scheduled at our location are generally open to the Stanford community. We do not accommodate weddings, receptions or memorial services.
During the academic year:
- Weekdays from 8 am–10 pm
- Weekends from 5–10 pm
These may change during winter and spring breaks, summer quarter, and holidays.
Generally, room requests are processed for the current quarter. Reserving a space more than three months ahead of time may not be possible.
Only on rare occasions, groups may be permitted to book events outside of the normal opening hours. These requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance. Extra charges apply.
Groups requesting the use of our facilities outside the normal open hours should know that their use of the building is contingent upon our to ability to find a staff member willing to work the extra hours. If such arrangements cannot be made, the reservation may be cancelled.
Room Reservation Priority
- Bechtel International Center programs and functions
- Meetings and functions held by Stanford international groups and associations
- Educational/cultural functions which are international in nature, open to all, and are sponsored by Stanford groups or departments
- Non-internationally related events sponsored by Stanford groups or departments
- Internationally related functions sponsored by non-Stanford groups
On rare occasions, we may need to cancel an existing room reservation room. In such cases, you will be contacted ahead of time and offered either the use of a different room or be requested to reschedule your event.
Fees can only be assessed based on a submitted room reservation request.
- All groups holding events for which the group is charging any sort of fee (for food, admission, etc.) must provide a written budget detailing the charges, expenses, and amount of money generated by the event that will be retained by the group.
- Occasionally, when use of the facilities is granted outside of the normal open hours, a fee of $25 per hour for each extra hour or portion thereof must be paid at least four working days in advance of the planned event.
- Events where food will be present or where a work order is required may be assessed additional fees.
Guidelines for Room Usage
- Bechtel International Center staff are not available to handle details of the event such as meeting with caterers, supplying equipment, delivering messages to participants, etc. Do not give the number to participants as a contact or information number.
- Groups must vacate the reserved facilities by the time indicated on the event calendar.
- Groups are responsible for all set up and clean up, which must be completed by the end of the event. Please also coordinate with the caterers for your event so that any serving dishes, utensils, etc. are picked up in time.
- Interior furniture may not be removed from the building for outside use or moved between rooms.
- Tables and chairs must be returned to their original configuration.
- If you use the chairs and tables in the Assembly Room closet, you must return them to the closet when your event is over.
- Any minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians at all times when attending events at Bechtel International Center. Matriculated Stanford students who are minors are exempt from this policy.
- The kitchen is only to be used to prepare food for private events and events by invitation only. This means that the kitchen can only be used if you are cooking for yourself and your invited guests and will eat the food at the Bechtel International Center.
- Catered food may not be reheated, kept warm or altered in any other way in the kitchen.
- If you use the kitchen, you must wash and put away all kitchen equipment after use.
- Do not leave leftover food in the refrigerator or anywhere else in the building.
- Please follow all instructions posted in the kitchen.
If you plan to use your own electrical equipment, please let us know when you make your room reservation request.
- Groups holding large parties and/or serving alcohol must follow the SAL party planning guidelines. Contact Student Activities and Leadership for more information.
- The university Noise Policy and Alcohol Policy must be followed for all events.
- Groups serving alcohol must notify Office of Special Events and Protocol (OSEP).
- All groups serving alcohol and charging either an entrance fee or a fee for alcoholic drinks must have an alcohol license. (These licenses take about one month to process.)
- We have neighbors on both sides of our building. Noisy events and amplification of sound or music are not permitted anywhere in the building or outside in the lawn, patio and courtyard weekdays, between 9 am and 5 pm, between 1 am and 11 am on weekends, and after midnight on weeknights. Bechtel staff may ask groups to moderate music and noise levels if needed.
Bechtel International Center assumes no responsibility for any liability, which may arise from the use of the our facilities or equipment, or any failure or cancellation of service due to an act of nature or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This includes mechanical, electronic or communications failures.
Making a Reservation
- All on-campus events must have a Stanford approved sponsor.
- Check availability of our rooms (use BIC for location) and request a reservation through 25Live.
- Please allow three business days for processing of your request.
- Reservations cannot be made or confirmed by phone.
25Live will only allow you to submit a room request with event times within the opening hours of the building. To submit a request for a room or space outside of the opening hours of the building, please note the actual times that you want access to the rooms/external spaces in the "Comments" section of the room request form. Please also indicate if food will be a part of your event.