ICO handles several other types of research-related agreements with industry. They include:
- Collaborations – where company and Stanford researchers work together and each side meets its own costs.
- Data Transfers – when Stanford researchers will receive or send out data sets to industry for research purposes.
- Equipment Loans – when companies will lend equipment to Stanford labs for research purposes.
- Industrial Affiliates Programs – for Stanford Industrial Affiliates Programs that use member agreements.
- Service Centers – when the standard agreements with University service centers require discussion with companies.