Library cooperative programs
BorrowDirect: Resource sharing with the Ivies Plus Libraries
BorrowDirect is a resource sharing partnership of 13 Ivies Plus academic institutions. The Stanford community will be able to search and request items from BorrowDirect partner libraries starting in the fall of 2016. Currently, the Stanford community can request materials from these and other libraries through SUL's Interlibrary and Information Delivery Services.
On-site reciprocal access and borrowing is currently available for BorrowDirect patrons. Stanford faculty, students, and staff are issued access and borrowing cards when visiting participating schools and Stanford reciprocates this service for BorrowDirect patrons visiting Stanford's campus.
For Stanford faculty, students and staff visiting the Ivies Plus institutions:
Eligibility, registration requirements, and circulation rules vary by each participating institution. You may be required to log into MyAccount, present your University ID Card, and/or show a valid government issued ID Card when you visit a participating library.
For Ivies Plus visitors to Stanford University Libraries (SUL):
- Students, faculty, and staff at participating Ivies Plus BorrowDirect institutions can apply for a SUL Card at the Privileges Desk at Green Library. You must present a current government-issued ID, your home university ID card, and your active BorrowDirect account.
- SUL Cards cost $10 and expire annually; re-activation of expired cards is free. Replacement fee for lost cards is $25.
- The SUL Card is not accepted at the following libraries: Crown Law Library, Lane Medical Library, Lathrop Library, Graduate School of Business Library, Hopkins Marine Station's Miller Library, the Classics Library.
- Loan periods vary. Generally, books circulate from Green Library for 28 days. A 25 item limit applies. Some items only circulate to Stanford patrons (e.g., course reserves, equipment, some media items). Other lending restrictions may apply depending on library and material type. Items may be recalled from you resulting in a shorter loan period.
- Ivies Plus BorrowDirect Plus patrons are personally responsible for all fines and fees.
Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP)
- RLCP is an agreement between Stanford and the University of California-Berkeley. See the RLCP description for instructions and eligibility.
- UC Berkeley visitors to Stanford must show a government-issued ID card and a UC ID card for entry to some libraries and to borrow materials. Eligible users have records in the Stanford library database.
- Eligible Stanford visitors to UC Berkeley must present their Stanford ID Card for access and borrowing.
Reciprocal Services Program (RSP)
- RSP is a reciprocal borrowing program between Stanford and the University of California campuses. See the RSP description for instructions and eligibility.
- RSP visitors to Stanford who are not covered by the RLCP program (above) must present government-issued ID, a valid UC ID Card, and a RSP Card for entry to some libraries and to borrow materials.
- Stanford visitors to cooperative member sites must obtain a RSP Card from Green Library prior to their visit at the member site.