Transfer Application Requirements
Use the Transfer Application Instructions and the Transfer Requirements & Process web pages as guides to prepare your transfer application to Stanford.
- The optional interview is unavailable to transfer applicants at this time.
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts.
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
(verification from an outside official required)
- Official testing (SAT with Essay or ACT with Writing) sent from the College Board or ACT
- Official high school transcript (including your graduation date) or equivalent (e.g. certified copy of GED)
- Official transcript(s) from every college/university from which you earned credit
- College report (a form completed by a school official that provides information about your standing at your current or most recent previous institution)
- Letters of recommendation from two academic instructors
After submitting your application
- ADD firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe senders list. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all Stanford University correspondence.
- CHECK your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application.
- CONSIDER applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and details.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.