John R. Ehrman, 1935-2018
SLAC Computing Services, User Services Manager
Please add or view tributes, stories, and photos here.
Professional and Biographical Information
- University of Illinois, Ph.D. in physics, 1963
- SLAC computing, 1966 to 1983
- SHARE Users Group: Member (1964-2016), Fortran project leader, and
Board of Directors (1972-1974)
- IBM, 1983-2016
profile in inSPIRE
- John Ehrman Leaves
SLAC. SLAC Beam Line, Vol. 14, No. 5, May 1983.
- System/360 and assembler language programming. John R. Ehrman. 1971
- WYLBUR Tutorial. John R. Ehrman. SLAC-SCIP-USER-NOTE-078
- 'logical' Arithmetic On Computers With Two's Complement Binary Arithmetic.
John R. Ehrman. Commun.ACM 11 (1968) 517-520, Erratum: Commun.ACM 13 (1970) 697-698 SLAC-PUB-0302
- Divisors of Certain Mersenne Numbers. John R. Ehrman. Math.Comput. 21
(1967) 700-704 SLAC-REPRINT-1967-006 DOI:10.1090/S0025-5718-1967-0223320-1
- For further publications, search inSPIRE
- John Ehrman papers held by the SLAC Archives and History Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC staff may access descriptions of
John Ehrman Papers held by the Archives.
- The John R. Ehrman
collection and related materials are also held by the Computer History
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --