The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health’s Code of Ethics is built on a base of values that are widely shared in the Independent Sector*. For our Foundation, chartered as a public charity, these include:
- Commitment to the public good;
- Accountability to the public;
- Commitment beyond the law;
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals;
- Respect for pluralism, diversity, inclusiveness, and social justice;
- Transparency, integrity and honesty;
- Responsible stewardship of donors’ and the Foundation’s resources; and,
- Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.
*The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health’s Statement of Values and Code of Ethics is drawn almost in its entirety from the model Statement of Values and Code of Ethics for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Organizations developed by the Independent Sector (IS). This is based on the Foundation’s regard for that organization’s highest standards, singular efforts, and engagement of expertise in developing the model, which aligns directly with the Foundation’s own mission, principles, and practices. For more information on the model, contact the Independent Sector at www.IndependentSector.org.