- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Cardinal Course Workshop - Teaching for Broader Impact
Part of a 6 Part Series - The Cardinal Course Workshop Series is open to all Stanford instructors, as well as representatives from community organizations partnering with Stanford courses. Attend one or all in the series, attending all is highly recommended.
- Skill Development: 45 minutes of focused instruction on the essentials of Community Engaged Learning
- Workshop: 75 minutes of workshop time, work with Directors of Community Engaged Learning, your peers and community partners to implement what you learned.
Cardinal Courses -Teaching for broader impact
- Friday, January 22nd 12:00-2:00
- Learn about Cardinal Courses (Community Engaged Learning); brainstorm ways to engage students in community engagement through course work; identify resources offered through the Haas Center; discuss best practices through the Principals of Ethical and Effective Service; and learn from the Community Engaged Learning Faculty Fellows, Cardinal Course students and community partners about the impact of Cardinal Courses.
Constructing Community Engaged Learning Goals – Learning in context
- Friday, February 5th 12:00-2:00
- Review key features of learning goals and learn how to develop community engaged learning goals for your course.
Building your Cardinal Course Syllabus – What students need to know
- Friday, February 19th 12:00-2:00
- Adapt your syllabus to align with best practices in Community Engaged Learning, learn about your community partner, and identify strategies to bring students’ community-based experiences into the classroom. Completion of this session will provide you with the tools needed to complete the Cardinal Course Grant Application.
Developing Community Partnerships – Ensuring Reciprocity and Sustainability
- Friday, March 4th 12:00-2:00
- Identify responsibilities for faculty, students, and community partners; create a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to clarify expectations; discuss potential challenges; and identify ways to include your partner as a co-educator.
Developing Reflection Tools – Tying community engagement to the classroom
- Friday, April 15th 12:00-2:00
- Explore the role of reflection in service-learning pedagogy, and the research behind it. Design strong reflection and/or critical analysis assignments that align with your field.
Evaluating Outcomes – What impact did I have on students/ community?
- Friday, April 29th 12:00-2:00
- Develop a plan that links evaluation to your learning goals (including how to
use the new customizable course survey), and incorporates input and feedback from
your community partner.
- Friday, Jan 22, 2016 12:00 PM
Friday, Feb 5, 2016 12:00 PM
Friday, Feb 19, 2016 12:00 PM
Friday, Mar 4, 2016 12:00 PM
Friday, Apr 15, 2016 12:00 PM
Friday, Apr 29, 2016 12:00 PM
- 650-498-9352, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website