Join the American College of Cardiology to Advance Your Academic Career
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) provides tools and resources that support Stanford faculty and fellows in their efforts to provide high quality cardiovascular care to patients and advance their careers. As a recent fellow and now junior faculty, Celina Yong has become involved with the ACC to gain prestigious advanced research training funding, meet senior mentors, and gain access to valuable data sources for further research. As a senior faculty member, Latha Palaniappan has collaborated with the ACC to take a leadership role in shaping policy at the statewide level, and in influencing national data registries. From training through retirement, membership brings unique benefits. As a member you can:
- Access 300+ FREE educational opportunities offering CME
- Meet certification requirements easily with online complimentary Maintenance of Certification Modules (MOC) and ACC’s online State-of-the-art Lifelong Learning Portfolio.
- Receive ongoing advocacy support and representation for your interests at the federal and state levels, regulatory bodies (ABIM, ABP), and payers on issues critical for the functioning of patient care.
- Save with discounts on digital products and live courses
- Receive reduced registration rates on the ACC’s Annual Scientific Session
- Participate in ACC’s quality initiatives to improve patient care including the NCDR Registries, Patient Navigator, Surviving MI, Hospital to Home and D2B.
- Focus on your specialty and/or interest area with ACC’s 16 Member Sections
- Advance your career with ACC’s Mentoring Program, Research Funding Search Engine, training program resource and career advice from the experts
- Access mobile applications that help you treat and manage patients on the go, including ASCVD Risk Estimator, CardioSmart Explorer and AnticoagEvaluator
- Network and learn at the local level with our 3,523 California members
- Gain leadership experience and recognition by participation on Councils, Committees and Work Groups
- Gain recognition within the community as a top professional in the field through the FACC or AACC designation.
For further information, please contact:
Latha Palaniappan, MD, FACC
ACC Northern California Board of Directors
Celina Yong, MD, MBA, MSc
ACC Northern California Board of Directors, Alternate
Lianna S. Collinge, CAE
CEO, California Chapter of the American College of Cardiology