Applying to Graduate

Graduate Students

Deadline to apply to graduate in Axess for Spring Quarter is Friday, April 10, 2015 at 5:00pm.

Late application deadline is Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 5:00pm ($50 late fee applies).  Late applications must be completed in person at the Student Services Center in Tresidder.  

EE Walkthrough Petition (for students graduating after June, but who want to participate in this year's Commencement ceremony). Minimum requirement: PhD students must have completed their oral defense and have department approval; MS students must have completed at least 36 units and have department approval.

Submit petition to Amy Duncan (in person at Packard Room 177 or email PDF to

Deadline is Friday, May 29, 2015.  No late petitions will be accepted. 

Undergraduate Students

If you are a senior preparing to graduate this June…

THIS is the time to start acting to make sure you have taken all necessary steps to glide to an easy conferral in June. To make sure you have covered all bases for School of Engineering breadth and depth requirements, visit the UGHB website that spells out detailed answers to your questions regarding SoE requirements.

For questions about University requirements, check the Undergraduate Degree Requirements website.

Basic needs for your SoE major program are:

  1. An updated, signed Program Sheet -- you can¹t use the version you declared with two years ago
  2. Petition to use transfer credit from other institutions: ­This is a 2-step process; first with the SSC and second with the SoE
  3. AP or IB credit needs to appear on your SU unofficial transcript and be signed off on your major Program Sheet in 135 Huang (if you already did this when you declared there is no need to do it again)
  4. Deviations from set requirements need to be petitioned early in case the petition is denied
  5. If you have more than one degree, take care of official paperwork prior to end of winter quarter. The Major-Minor form needs to be signed in 135 Huang for any and all SoE degrees you are seeking. Other forms that should be signed in 135 Huang rather than by your advisor or department staff are the 13th Quarter, Graduation Quarter, Last Units Out of Residence, and Permit to Attend for Services Only forms.


Related Links for Commencement

Commencement Overview
Applying to Graduate
Ceremony Instructions
Ordering Caps and Gowns