Loan Repayment

Loan Default and Disputes

Defaulting on Student Loans

Student loan borrowers in default do have options to repay their loans. We encourage students to speak to their Loan Servicers and The Department of Education.

Resolving Loan Repayment Disputes

If you are having a dispute with your servicer or another agency regarding repayment of your federal student loan, you may consider contacting the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman for assistance. You can reach the Ombudsman's office by phone at 877-557-2575 or by mail at this address:

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman
830 First Street, NE
Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20202-5144

Updated on October 15, 2015 8:19 AM