Applying for Aid

Summer Session

Financial aid options for undergraduate summer enrollment at Stanford are limited and depend on whether you are a regular Stanford student, a student from another college or university, or a high school student.

Stanford undergraduates

Need-based Stanford scholarship funds for summer are available only to students who have missed a standard quarter of the same academic year, or those will graduate at the end of summer. Other students generally receive financial aid in the form of loans and job eligibility. The only exception is for students who are attending a full-quarter summer program through Bing Overseas Studies; these students can receive need-based Stanford scholarship. More details are available in the Stanford Programs (Summer) section of our Study Abroad page.

The Undergraduate Summer Application form for Summer 2016 will be available on this page after May 1, 2016.

Students from other colleges and universities

The Stanford Financial Aid Office does not award financial aid to students who are not enrolled in degree programs at Stanford. If you are a student from another school who will enroll at Stanford for the summer, you should contact the financial aid office at your home schools for information about summer aid.

High school students

The Summer Session Office administers a scholarship program for certain high school students. The Stanford Financial Aid Office is not involved in this process. High school students should contact the Summer Session Office for scholarship application information.

Updated on January 7, 2016 9:27 AM