Statement of Policies

Registration and Withdrawal

You must register for and complete a minimum of twelve units each quarter in order to maintain full eligibility for scholarships and grants.


Exceptions are made only for students whose disability status, as documented with the university’s Student Disability Resource Center , requires them to register for fewer than twelve units per quarter. For purposes of eligibility for student loan funds, the minimum enrollment level is eight units per quarter.

If you do not meet the minimum enrollment requirements, you may be required to immediately repay up to the entire amount of financial aid disbursements that you have received for the quarter, even if you have already spent these funds.

Financial aid funds for undergraduate students are available only to students who are enrolled in degree programs. Summer visitors and other non-matriculating students are generally not eligible for financial aid funds.


If circumstances require you to withdraw from enrollment during an academic quarter, you must file an official withdrawal request with the university’s Registrar’s Office. The Financial Aid Office will determine the portion (if any) of your federal student aid funds for the quarter that you are eligible to keep. This determination is made using a standard calculation specified in the U.S. Department of Education’s regulations. If we determine that you must repay all or a portion of your aid funds, such funds will be immediately due and payable, and you will not be able to obtain future federal student aid funds until your ineligible funds have been repaid. The University’s refund policy is described in the University Bulletin.

Updated on August 7, 2014 12:55 PM