The Stanford Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program interviews applicants for six (6) Child & Adolescent Psychiatry positions and one (1) Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Community Track position. We welcome applications from both: national and international medical graduates. To be eligible for our program, you must have either an MD or DO degree, and have three years of Adult Residency training in an ACGME-approved program. Also you need to have passed the USMLE exam steps I, II and III, as well as the ECFMG exam (if an international graduate) before the interviews.
Stanford only participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All supporting documents must be submitted electronically.
Within the NRMP and ERAS we offer two tracks:
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry NRMP # 1820405F0
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Community Track NRMP # 1820405F1
When Do I Apply?
All complete applications must be submitted by September 12th.
We strongly encourage you to submit your completed applications prior to this date, as the interviewing schedule fills quickly.
How Do I Apply?
A complete application includes the following documents:
- ERAS application
- Standard Passport Photo
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae (The ERAS formatted CV is sufficient)
- Program Director letter of recommendation with documentation of three (3) passed Clinical Skills Vignette (CSV) Examinations. Program Director's Attestation FORM
- Four (4) Letters of Recommendations: one (1) from Program Director or Associate Program Director, and other three (3) from faculty members who have worked with an applicant in clinical settings.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) (formerly known as the Dean's Letter).
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official copy of your United States Medical Licensing Examination scores. USMLE (http://www.usmle.org)
If you are enrolled in an AAMC approved medical school in the US or Canada, we will accept a copy of your school's report of your scores provided it is verified as a true copy by your Registrar and stamped with the School seal.
If you are an International Medical Graduate, a copy of your ECFMG certificate, Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California, and ECFMG and Flex/USMLE exam scores. We will not review your application without these documents.
When are Interviews held?
We will begin reviewing files as they are completed in September before the MSPE comes out. If you receive an invitation to interview, please reply as soon as possible to arrange an interview date. We will be interviewing on Mondays and Wednesdays in September, October and November.
Where can I stay when I come to interview?
One listing of area hotels with prices can be found at the following link http://www.stanford.edu/dept/visitorinfo/plan/lodging.html
If you have any questions, please contact:
Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Child Development
Stanford University School of Medicine
401 Quarry Road, Room 2206, Stanford, CA 94305-5719
Phone: (650) 725-0957, Fax: (650) 721-3954, E-mail: Program Manager