Types of Information Collected
When visiting the CME Web site
- We may collect the following information: geographic location, language, referral link, type of browser and operating system on which that browser is operating, the pages that were visited and date and time of that visit.
- We use this data to better understand how our site is navigated and to improve the user experience.
When visitors register for CME activities
- The personal information that is collected is transmitted using secure encryption technology.
- The types of personal information we collect from learners to maintain a record of participation may include: name, contact information, gender, birth day and month, professional designation and affiliations, license and specialty information, and national provider identification number.
- If a fee is charged and registrants can pay online, we ask for credit card information which is entered directly into our credit card processing gateway and is transmitted and stored using secure encryption technology.
- Registrants can choose to join our mailing list to be notified of other CME activities.
When visitors participate in CME activities
- We collect responses to quizzes and tests to assess the participants’ understanding of the content.
- We collect evaluation data to improve future activities.
How Information is Used
We use the information from our learners to provide services and to help us better understand learner knowledge and competence, needs and interests. Uses of information may include help with registration or other transactions, communication between learners and Stanford units, service or support, and ability to notify learners about programs and services. We may use information to send surveys to request information about CME programs and services.
Information is Never Sold
Your information is never sold, rented or leased by Stanford University School of Medicine. Your information may be shared with accrediting bodies external to the Stanford University School of Medicine and our educational partners associated with the activity for which you have registered.
You May Opt-In/Out
When providing personal information, learners will have the option of choosing to be contacted regarding additional Stanford Continuing Medical Education activities and services.
Any notification about additional CME programs and services to former learners or to those who joined the mailing list will provide the opportunity to “opt-out” of future notifications.
If you do not wish to receive information or other notices from us in the future, you can "opt-out" by contacting us at the e-mail address indicated at the end of this policy or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any electronic communication you receive from us. Please be aware that you are not able to opt out of receiving communications about your account or your transactions with us.
You May Update Your Information
Learners have the option of revising their personal information by contacting the Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education via phone, +1 650-497-8554, or email, email@example.com.
Any credit card, or other sensitive personal data, will be transmitted and stored on appropriately secured, encrypted systems. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Release of Information to Comply with Legal Requirements
The release of personal information inconsistent with this policy will only be done if necessary to comply with legal requirements.
Links to Other Internet Sites
The Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education Web site may include hyperlinks to other Web sites maintained or controlled by others. Stanford is not responsible for and does not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these web sites.