Group Fitness Classes
HIP strives to provide the highest quality and largest variety of group fitness classes at the work site. With over 200 group fitness classes each quarter, we hope to make physical activity enjoyable and accessible to as many people as possible. Our classes are diverse in terms of type and level of physical fitness activity. Join us at various times, as well as at various on and off-campus locations. Our experienced, multi-certified staff of instructors will carefully guide you through a fun and effective workout whether you are just starting a fitness program, or are maintaining your fitness. HIP offers the following kinds of fitness classes:
- Cardio and Strength Fusion- boot camp, cross training, indoor cycling, cardio step, Zumba, Ujam
- Mind/Body- Tai Chi, Qigong, Feldenkrais™ Method, Martial Arts
- Yoga/Yoga & Pilates Blend
- Outdoor classes- Cross Training, Boot Camp
- Aquatic Fitness/Lap Swimming
- Healthy Back/Pilates Mat
- Dance Fitness- Chinese, Middle Eastern
- Pilates Mat
- Strength Training
- Sports, Martial Arts & Athletic Fitness
NEW! Designation of classes deemed “Chronic Condition Friendly”
We are excited to share with you our initiative to identify new or recurrent HIP classes considered particularly relevant to individuals living with chronic conditions. We have selected classes from our Group Fitness category that encourage all levels of participation, accommodate for limitations around mobility or need for adjustment of pace and intensity. While all of HIP’s Healthy Living classes cover broad elements of self-care and health education, we chose to highlight a few that may be especially helpful for those coping with chronic conditions such as diabetes or pre-diabetes, fatigue, stable angina or other pain or mood conditions. HIP continually strives to expand our offerings to serve the diverse population at Stanford. We welcome your feedback to this end!
Download and view the the class information in the Group Fitness Class Schedule
Download the Group Fitness class Schedule-At-A-Glance
Benefits-eligible Stanford University Employees:
- Starting January 2nd take your SHALA for 2015. Go to the BeWell website to begin. Completion of SHALA is the only requirement to be eligible for discounted fitness classes.
- Search current classes and register online. Choose your group fitness classes wisely – you will receive two BeWell $30 classes per quarter with additional classes available for full class fee. Participants with a compelling reason to request additional classes at the reduced fee should fill out a scholarship request form by clicking here.
- When registering online, enter your Stanford University ID # and your SUNet ID to receive a $30 class fee. If you have not completed the BeWell Program in 2015, please start the process at the BeWell website.
Any Class Suggestions/Comments? Email HIP
Please note new BeWell attendance policies:
Group Fitness classes: In order to receive your berry for this activity you must attend at least 50% of classes.
We can bring a Healthy Living class to your department on campus. Email: Laurie Ausserer
If your department has moved off campus, we can bring group fitness classes to you. For more information, please go to the following form: Wellness on Wheels