Students pursuing the MD degree are required to pay 12 Full Tuition Quarters for the degree conferral. Tuition rates are adjusted annually.
Per Quarter Tuition Rates for 2015-16
- Entering class and classes matriculating 2015-16 and after
- $17,497, full-time, 9-35 units
- For first year students only, Autumn quarter Only, 9-45 units
- Reduced/Research Tuition Rate
- $3,498 per quarter, assessed when
- Quarters in which student engages in 100% research, regardless of source of funding
- After 12 quarter Full tuition Residency Requirement has been met
- Quarters in which student has combined Med Scholars with research/teaching assistantship – cannot enroll in required coursework
- MD/PhD candidates are assessed 12 quarters Full tuition, 3 quarters Full PhD (Grad) tuition, and the reduced tuition rate thereafter.
- MD candidates pursuing a Master’s Degree within the School of Medicine will be assessed MD tuition, regardless of the coursework, and will drop to the reduced tuition rate after the 12th full tuition quarter.
- Units is excess of the maximum full time units listed above will be assessed $1,166 per unit. The cost of units exceeding the full-time limit is not included in the budgets for students on financial aid.
- Only the full and reduced/research rate tuition rates apply. The School of Medicine does not allow per unit tuition for enrollment under 9 units.
Students who repeat courses are required to pay tuition for the repeated course, full or reduced rate may apply.
Students enrolled in the dual degree MD/MBA program at Stanford University are required to pay 12 quarters of full MD tuition and 5 quarters of the MBA tuition. MD/MBA students are admitted to the GSB after completing three years at the Medical School. Students are expected to complete 5 quarters in this program, one full year at the GSB and 2 quarters (winter and spring) in the following academic year. GSB tuition is billed accordingly.