Our Center provides a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation by a multidisciplinary clinical research team. The evaluation includes:
- Assessment and diagnosis of memory problems through neurological, psychiatric, and psychological evaluations, as well as a review of medical history
- Family conferences to review the results of the evaluation and to discuss recommendations for care
- Reports to private physicians, when requested
- Support groups and patient/family education (All participants may attend support groups and classes for caregivers.)
- Our staff is available for consultation and support throughout the course of the illness.
Individuals with complaints of memory problems may be referred by self, their family, community agency, or personal physician. We often receive referrals from friends and family members of former and current patients, and many of these families end up being followed longitudinally by our center. The Stanford/VA Alzheimer's Research Center is not limited to Alzheimer’s disease. We have the expertise for complex or unusual cases, and are happy to provide second opinions. Veterans and non-veterans are welcome.
There is no cost for services provided at our center. However, individuals may be referred to their personal physician for tests necessary to complete a diagnostic workup, such as laboratory tests and/or brain scans, and will be responsible for any associated costs.
Please contact Jeanette Green, Clinical Research Coordinator, at 650-858-3915 to schedule a memory evaluation.