Skip to content
2016 RecycleMania Events
- Waste Minimization Training: Learn the ways that you can reduce waste in your space at the Best Practices in Waste Reduction class. Register now for one of the BeWell Berry eligible sessions, or contact the Office of Sustainability to arrange a session for a group of 10 or more in your building!
- RecycleMania Basketball Games: Sustainable Stanford partnered with Stanford Athletics, PSSI and Athletics Concessions to host RecycleMania Game Day Challenges. Featuring recycling trivia and videos, Stanford earned specific credit for the game day challenges.
- Sustainable Organics Solutions Facility Tour, Wednesday, March 2, 11:00am (with travel time 10:30am-12:30pm)
Stanford takes food rich loads to this facility to be processed into a high quality and nutrient rich mash for use as a key ingredient in non-ruminant animal feed. 90% of the materials collected in clean loads become feed meal/water/FOG (fats, oils, grease) and 10% becomes compost. Different from composting, this process reuses the valuable nutrients in the uneaten or inedible portion of our food. Visitors were able to see firsthand how it gets done
- Recycling Center Tours: Visit the Stanford Recycling Center to learn about how Stanford's recyclables are collected and sorted here on campus. Please send an e-mail to confirm your attendance.
- Wednesday, March 9, 11:00am
- What Can You Make Instead of Waste: Join our RecycleMania team to see what you can make from commonly landfilled items.
- March 17: Olive's Cafe, 11:00am