The goal of the Stanford Women on Boards Initiative (SWB) is to increase the representation of Stanford alumnae on corporate boards, increase Stanford women’s readiness for board service; and further develop the capabilities and influence of Stanford women already on boards.
Started in 2009 by David F. Larcker, James Irvin Miller Professor of Accounting, Senior Faculty of the Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance at Stanford, along with several enterprising Stanford GSB alumnae, SWB seeks to:
- Promote programs that provide opportunities for connections and educational enhancement Establish a community forum for Stanford women on boards and prospective board candidates
- Provide guidance to women seeking to enhance their qualifications for board service
- Collaborate with students on career paths to board service
- Explore topics, issues and controversies in corporate governance through the Stanford Closer Look Series
- Learn about non-profit board service through Stanford GSB Center for Social Innovation’s Nonprofit Board Governance Institute.
Find a Director Opportunity
If you are a Stanford alumna with board experience (corporate, public sector, or non-profit) then you qualify for membership in Stanford Women on Boards. Request to join the Stanford Women on Boards LinkedIn group, being sure to include your board service on both your online alumni profile and LinkedIn profile.
We will contact you to confirm the information to be included in the Stanford Women on Boards registry, which is a database we use to find group members who meet the profile of someone seeking a board candidate. Members are encouraged to keep their online profiles up-to-date with both your qualifying experience and board service preferences.
If you are identified as a potential match for a director opening, your name, a summary profile, and your contact information will be provided to the search consultant or director leading the search.
Find a Director Candidate
The Stanford Women on Boards database is used as a referral resource for those conducting corporate director searches. The goal is to promote the candidacy of Stanford women. To request a review of the SWB database for candidate referrals, contact Nayna Kaushek at Stanford GSB with the search parameters. Be sure to include the name of your company and any specific skills, experience, or qualities you are seeking. Please consider also allowing us to post the opportunity on our LinkedIn group.
SWB strives to be a valuable resource to search consultants and nominating committees. We will be able to identify highly qualified Stanford alumnae candidates for your open board seat, but do not attempt to make placements or to provide other search services. There is no fee for our referrals.