You are here

International Candidates

Opening opportunities to international students will considerably broaden your pool of exceptional candidates.

U.S. Work Authorization for Summer Internships

Stanford Graduate School of Business makes it easy for U.S. employers to hire F-1 visa holders (international students) by authorizing students to work in the United States during the summer under F-1 Curricular Practical Training (CPT). CPT requires minimal paperwork processing. Employers need only provide an offer letter meeting certain specifications on corporate letterhead to the student. For your convenience, the student will provide a template letter to your organization’s recruiter.

U.S. Work Authorization after Graduation

After graduation, F-1 international students are granted 12 months of U.S. work authorization under F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT). Employers incur no expense and do not have any paperwork processing requirements in order for an international student to be authorized for OPT.

Following the 12 months, sponsorship is required for an H1-B visa, which authorizes the student to work in the United States for three years and is renewable for an additional three years. For details, go to the Employment Authorization page of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Similarly, J-1 visa holders can work in the United States under the J-1 Academic Training Program for up to a total of 18 months.

If you have questions regarding work authorization for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. permanent residents, please contact your Recruiting Relationship Manager.